PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6-max JJ BB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6-max JJ BB

Hi All, Was involved in this hand but not very sure about my play. Had JJ on the Big as u can see, don't know anything about the shortstack but that's no problem because i stack him off with worse hands. The CO is a very tight player. Had 76 samples (on zoom) played VPIP:11,PFR:6,3bet:8 so i guessed his range was in this hand: QQ+ and AQ+ as I don't think he 3bet much more hands. Preflop, really thinked about a 4bet, as i was just seeing this as a 2 handed pot, the short was no pressure. But flat called, I think that was mistake one not? On the flop, should i bet? still thinking he could have QQ+ Also I thinkchecking back made me fold his raise. But folding was not that easy for me Any remarks? 6-max is not my main game, play FR but tend to see what suits best for me. Until now i like 6max umbup: thanks Ferdy
    Bracelet Winner

Hi ferdyr,

I think the major problem with this hand is your preflop decision. Coldcalling a 3bet from a tight player OOP is going to get you into tricky postflop decisions since you will be lacking initiative and most boardtextures will be tough to play on many boardtextures.

I would probably fold this hand preflop and not worry about folding the best hand here too often (even though we might since he can have a lot of AK/AQ as you mentioned).

As played I would probably lead the flop and try getting the rest of the shortstacker money. That would prevent the PFR from semibluffing and you could still consider b/f'ing if he jams on you.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.