PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL Zoom QQ 150bb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL Zoom QQ 150bb

Both opener and 3-bettor were unknowns. Didn't want to flat the 3bet as sometimes they're 3betting light. Flatting will probably land me in 3way OOP, end up set-mining and folding to a cbet with 2 overcards. Wanted max value for QQ thus a 4bet. Planned to fold if he 5bets to $10 or so cos it indicates great strength. Wasn't sure if AA/ KK will take this line- 5bet shove. Usually with these premiums, they'll 5bet to a reasonable amount so that they'll get called. With 100bb effective stack, I think it's an all in. In this case, better to err on the side of caution given the 150bb stack size? Or can we assume it's at least a coin flip and go for it (up against AK, QQ, JJ leveraging on fold equity)? One of the tough spots to have a plan for the hand personally. Haha

Hey Awesome

I think in this hand a plan of flat calling the three-bet is definitely going to be superior. Think of who you are more likely to get value from, the initial min raiser? or the deep three-better?

I think it is the initial min raiser, and we can involve him in the pot by flat calling. We don't have to check to the three-better, we are, in fact, allowed to lead out on the flop when it suits us.

So I think a plan of flat calling, keeping in mind good flops to lead, in order to seize control of the pot and enter the best scenario we can -- value betting the min raiser -- is our best plan. By four-betting we both risk turning our hand into a bluff and losing value by playing against a stronger, more narrow, range.

We can see the type of scenario we want to avoid with this play, the one that panned out!

Comment

Most of the players go all in with AK, not with KK or AA Seen it very often umbup:

Comment

Hey guys thanks for your analysis. Yea this was a pretty disgusting spot, neither here nor there. Best case scenario may only be AK. JJ could be too optimistic. Best if avoided

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.