PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL Zoom Small pair vs Small Cbet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL Zoom Small pair vs Small Cbet

Villain 5 was 30/30, AF: 8.0 over 11 hands. No stats on him postflop. Small cbet on the flop made it very tempting to make the call. But with 1 player behind us, is this an easy fold? Turn he fired a second barrel <1/2 pot. I feel that his line doesn't make sense. An overpair from 66 to TT would have fired larger on the flop. Small flop cbet makes it seem like 2 overcards that missed. On the turn, I really don't know what that small bet means. Bluffing with broadways which missed? Had a PP from 66 to TT? Put on Pokerstove his range as 66 to JJ, all the broadways, on the turn we're only 36% underdog to win. Think it's a fold. But due to his weak line, I felt like raising on the turn to rep the Queen. What should we have done this hand?

Hi TANW,

Preflop and flop call are fine and pretty standard. I would actually call again on the turn. His bet sizing is still relatively small (less than half the pot) and the Q is a good barrel card for his air range, so he can be firing again with missed ace highs. I don't like raising as a default because we are probably only getting worse hands like those missed ace highs to fold, and if he picked up a spade draw he could reraise us off the best hand on this depth of money. I doubt he's folding pocket pairs to a raise as it's not really believable we have a Q either, so if that's your plan you will have to fire a sizable river barrel as well and I just don't think this spot is worth that kind of risk (no guarantee he'll fold that either readless... 11 hands is basically readless if you haven't seen any showdowns from the villain yet).

I will generally call the turn here, and fold to a sizable river bet, probably call another small bet. I think if he's barreling the Q with a miss he's likely to check and give up on the end after being called twice. If the river is another good barrel card like another broadway, I'll lean more towards calling down. If it's a small card and he barrels the river, I'll lean more towards folding.

Hope this helps.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.