PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl Zoom - AQs in the SB, monotone flop. Should I cbet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl Zoom - AQs in the SB, monotone flop. Should I cbet?

No reads or stats on either villain and I can't remember ( or I maybe didn't check) how many tables they were playing.
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Pre flop I think is pretty standard. I'm OOP with a value hand; against someone who seems weak as they just open limped on the button. I make it 5x and get called by the BB and the limper. I whiff the flop pretty hard and I'm unsure if I should cbet here. I'm OOP multiway and have very few (if any) goods cards I can fire a second barrel on. I don't think I get many better hands to fold, some small PP's will fold. Also I don't have a made hand that I need to protect from the FD so should i just check hoping for it to check round and fold to a bet? Thanks for any help Oliver umbup:
    Last edited by Croyd93; Wed Dec 05, 2012, 08:44 PM.
    Follow me on: Twitter

The limper folded, didn't he? You just have the BB to get thru. Typically, I c-bet monotone flops when heads up, because it's hard for villain to call unless he has the draw or a made hand. Your c-bet success rate will usually be very high on mono flops and half pot is often enough to take it down. If villain calls, then I give up, as I have so little equity.
    If you check, then villain can bluff you off your hand, so make a stab at it and force him to make a decision. Don't give him a free card just yet!
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ooops, you're right the limper did fold. I think that does make my decision a bit easier indeed, would you still cbet if multiway?
      Follow me on: Twitter

Comment

I generally dont like cbetting OOP with zero- or close-to-zero-equity hands, but in this case I think a one-and-done bluff should be ok against 1 player. Monotone boards are scary even to weak made hands without the correct suit and it's worth defending the 5bb deadmoney you put in there preflop with a cheap cbet bluff. Against two callers I would xf.
        Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.