PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL River play against Limper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL River play against Limper

Here's a hand I played this morning: Villain_9 was a loose-aggressive player. Villain_5 was new, but I had seen him limping out of position, so I assumed he was weak. To explain my WAY too tiny bet on the flop, I had meant to bet $0.13, but I mistyped and bet before I could change it. I know that his pot-sized raise on the river was scary, and I probably should have folded, but I looked at it this way - the river was a 3 of hearts. I thought that there was NO way he could have gotten a winning hand from a three, even if he did get lucky and pair up. I also thought that him getting a backdoor-flush was very unlikely - if it had been a diamond instead, I might have folded, but calling two streets for a backdoor flush? I smelt something off about his bet, and I thought that he was bluffing. That led to my call. You may dispute this, but I think I made the right read. I thought the guy was trying to bluff me considering how the board went, and I was right. But do you agree with this assessment?
    Bracelet Winner

Hi Chris,

It's not the 3 he's representing, it's the flush. So in deciding if that's reasonable that he can make a flush here since it was back door, are there logical holdings that he could get to the river with that are 2 hearts? The answer is yes, especially when the 1 heart on the flop was no the top card. So he can have hands like KhJh, Jh9h, Jh8h. That's probably about it, since you hold the ace and the Q is on the board. At least that's what I would think is reasonable, as we can see from his actual holding there were also a whole bunch of 6hXh combos as well that are possible, but would assume we don't know that yet.

I generally a weak, passive player the benefit of the doubt when they take an aggressive river action.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.