PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6 Max 2p vs Large Raise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6 Max 2p vs Large Raise

Villain was 11/0, AF: 1.5 after 18 hands. No stats postflop So against this unknown with a weird stack size, I assume he's a weaker player. However when faced with a 4x raise on my cbet, felt it was pretty strong. I ranged him as JJ, TT, 44, AJs, AJo. Not sure if he would do so with a flush draw. I wasn't sure if calling was ok here because we'll be letting those flush draws get a card. I decided to get it all in, hoping it was against a 1pair or flush draw, also in view of his remaining stack size. So what should we do here against his raise?

I would get it in on the flop here as well... probably a fish despite no read given the stack size (seriously 18 hands is nothing, he's voluntarily played 2 of them passively preflop is about all we know). Given what little we know I don't think we can exclude big jacks from his range, tens with a flush draw, or even other combo draws like AcQc, and stronger 1 pair hands like QQ that he thinks in his fishy mind is good to flat call pre to make sure no ace or king comes then goes bananas post flop when the coast looks clear. On balance I'm happy playing for his stack on the flop here as I think he's likely to be doing this with enough worse hands to make it quite profitable. And in the cases where he does have bottom set, we still have 4 outs twice to suck out.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks. He did hold bottom set, but glad to hear that it's the right move since there're more worse hands than a set

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.