PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6 Max PF AKs dilema

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6 Max PF AKs dilema

Villain was playing 75/35, AF 1.6 over 20 hands. No stats on 3bet yet. I made the 3bet 4x and he shoves. I tanked a long time, it's a common spot. Felt that players will make this shove with AKo and QQ often. Could be to prevent seeing the flop in case they missed. Easy call against a loose player? Or does the 4bet shove indicate strength?

This is a classic spot for a pokerstove calculation.

Fire it up, plug in a sensible range which you think your typical loose/aggro player makes that shove with and see if you have enough equity to call.

As an example for this spot I would discount combinations of AA and KK since I feel that especially the more aggro players would rather put in a smallish 4bet instead of a shove.

Hand 0: 46.323% 22.62% 23.70% { AdKd }
    Hand 1: 53.677% 29.98% 23.70% { AcAh, KcKs, QQ, AKs, AKo }

Even against that strong of a range you can make what probably is a breakeven call with the money already invested. If you now add some more hands like smaller pairs, a random bluffshove etc. you might be on the +EV side.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Thanks for the analysis! He held AA and i was surprised he jammed instead of 4bet raise smaller. But I'm glad it's still a +EV move with other considerations

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.