PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you make the call?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you make the call?

While a friend of mine playing i came up with a hand like this. Looking forward to hear your evaluations about this hand Read: (The one who won the pot is TAG player and 100% C-Bets even though he missed the flop - turn or river and playin a little bit donkish i think..)
    Last edited by Darkod10; Mon Nov 19, 2012, 01:24 AM.

Hi dark,

I would call here... he's not c-betting he's donk betting (c-bet is a continuation of your aggression from the prior street, but he's not the prior aggressor, you are, where as donk betting means to bet into the aggressor from the prior street). Usually people don't do this with monsters like sets, they check to let you c-bet then raise. So it's pretty typical to see a player doing this on a 1 pair hand (probably Qx on this board texture) or a draw. On the shallow depth of money I would actually jam all in over his flop donk bet, as I think he's calling with all of it and we don't risk any scary card coming and slowing him down. Of that entire range only AQ is beating us and we wouldn't expect to see that too often with him limping preflop, so if the read is accurate we should almost always be ahead here.

Also recommend revising your read, open limping AQ is not a standard TAG play, I think a tight-aggressive player would open this for a raise preflop the vast majority of the time.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thats why i thought he couldnt have AQ. Until that time, he always 3 bets and then go on with c-betting. But at this hand he limped then raised and donk bet. But i will revise it.

Thanks for your comment

Comment

Yeah, he can have AQ of course, but it's a small part of his range ultimately because he does raise it pre at least some of the time if not most of it, and he has a lot of other Qx combos he limps like KQ, QJ, QT, maybe Q9s etc. plus several combos in his limping range that flop draws here as well.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.