PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6max zoom: tilt shove turn multiway, range opponents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6max zoom: tilt shove turn multiway, range opponents

Hey, I was tilting pretty bad on this hand, and shoved the turn when I knew i should have folded. Wondering on what people range these opponents, I thought the blind raiser had a set, and the other either an overpair higher than mine or a set.

Hey Craig,

It would be ok to fold the flop here actually, this guy is donking for an overbet of .85 into .50, and the PFR calls him, I don't think JJ can ever be in great shape here. Obviously there are a few best case scenarios, like the blind has 99 and the pfr TT, but our equity over all is probably not great facing this action (we're either behind right now, or someone has a lot of outs to improve over us, or both).

Ranges: The blind is not likely to donk overbet a set imo, too much risk to lose his customers. To me this usually looks like a decent 1 pair hand like A8 or 99-JJ, or a big draw. Obviously JJ plays ok against that range but he may have a lot of outs when he holds the draws. The PFR is very unlikely to be calling this big a donk bet with air. His most likely range is overpairs and a few big draws like AcKc/AcQc. Again our equity is not great against that range with JJ.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Wow, your ranging is much better than mine :P. Learn so much about how to range just from these little posts.

I can see why you would let go on the flop. But when the turn comes down a brick, the big flush draw has much less chance to improve than it did on the flop, is committing here terrible?

The Villain 2 actually had K8o and the Villain 4 had ATs, and I actually won a pretty nice pot, which is good to get you off of tilt when you're tilting pretty bad and know you're doing it.

Comment

The turn is not a total brick, it completes some of the straight draws and pairs some of the possible flush draws. When the blind leads small this time and the PFR just flats again, I feel better about JJ at that point as many of the hands ahead of us in the PFR's range would probably come over the top at least some of the time. Still think we're not in fantastic shape by any stretch of the imagination, but a non-club followed up by weaker action on both villain's parts is a good sign.
        Last edited by TheLangolier; Fri Nov 16, 2012, 11:50 PM.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.