PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6max zoom: Dry board, raise flop, top pair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6max zoom: Dry board, raise flop, top pair

Here is an interesting hand, I have top pair second kicker on a dry flop. A player in position on us raises our cbet. I don't run a HUD so no stats on him, I don't recognize him, so straight away assume he isn't a reg. Some other extra info, that may help some people. He is russian, and he is 1 tabling. What sort of hands do you think he has? And what should we do here?

Hi Craig

I don't want to continue here in this spot. I don't think our opponent is going to be doing this with KJ-K9 often enough.

Remember that in multiway pots our continuing ranges should be tighter, relative to how many players. So this opponent is raising against 2 players, which shows more strength than usual.

We are out of position on a dry board. We are going to have a tough time showing our hand down or getting value later. He is essentially putting us to a big comittment decision now and I think we should give it up.

What kind of hands could he do this with? Well if he is a 1 tabler from russia I would guess, 68, K8, K6, 66, 88, AK, AA, and maybe KQ/KJ/KT. I don't think we're going to be head enough against this kind of range, even if we add in the odd T9s or A5 airball.

Out of position, multiway, no chance of improving later, I'm letting this one go

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.