PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing against loose passive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing against loose passive

Hi,

I desperately need some advice on how to play profitably against loose passive players. I know that many people want to play against that type of players but i just find it surprisingly difficult. The problem is that whatever hand i am holding i get outdrawn so many times that i lose more often than i win.

My original strategy was to tighten up and play only premium and very strong starting hands against those type of players because i knew i would be paid off handsomely. However, this just has not worked for me yet. I keep a record of my hand history and these are my statistics for the 4 premium starting hands for the past 3 days:

-AA dealt 0 times
    -KK dealt 0 times
    -QQ dealt 6 times (won 2 - both of them preflop)
    -AK dealt 4 times (won 1 - preflop)

overally i lost a lot of money playing those hands agressively preflop and on the flop. I just got outdrawn by trash.
    How am i suppose to play then? can you help me out?

In a nutshell:

-Don't bluff
    -Don't pay off
    -Value bet, value bet, value bet
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

i fully agree with Dave keep in mind that when a loose passive player starts putting a lot of money in the pot, he usually has the goods gl at the tablesumbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.