PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6max zoom: Monotone flop, huge bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6max zoom: Monotone flop, huge bet

Here is a very interesting spot in my opinion: It would be interesting to hear some peoples thoughts on this hand, not just a trainer, and then I'll tell you what I done, i think it was rather strange.

Like the set, but sure don't like the spades. Still, the set should be best here. You're right, it's a tough spot. I'd probably be raise-folding here.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by craig121212 View Post
      It would be interesting to hear some peoples thoughts on this hand, not just a trainer
      Hey Craig

Oh, I'm totally not comfortable giving my thoughts on hands, since I'm just here for the help like u

But since you've been great about giving feedback with mine, I thought I'd stop in to say that gosh ... I just really don't know. You think they were hoping for a fold or a call with that overbet?

No stats, eh? :/

Wow, such a tough spot ... but u play really well, so I'm sure whatever you decided to do was just fine, and hopefully the chips wound up going in your direction at the end of the hand

Comment

Gday Craig

Weird spot lol.. If he was 1 tabling I think I would have to go with it here, I would just shove the flop, if you just flat and a spade comes on the turn then you would probably have to fold)I guess any A with a spade kicker could spazz out like this, even if he has the flush you still have outs. If he is playing 4 tables I would probably get the vomit bucket out Seeing as you say it was rather strange, I am guessing you shoved and he folded? lol

Comment

Hey Craig I am going with it here on this texture. We are really only crushed by one hand, AA, and while its plausible he would make this action with AA, it is just as plausible that he could with a wide variety of holdings, including 44, A4, A5, and AK or AXQs, all hands we totally crush. Our equity against a flush is reasonable if he has a JTss type hand. Our opponent is making a mistake in some way, regardless of his hand. I don't want to fold one of the strongest hands on this board because we know our opponent doesn't have a strong grasp of how to play his range on this board, he could easily, or often, be making the mistake of overplaying a fairly weak hand like AK or 45 here. If he had AA or a flush, easy note to take umbup:

Comment

Hey,

Yea Barbzz you're right I shoved, and he did fold , quite happy with how I played that hand to be honest, a few weeks ago I wouldn't have, but really thought about what hands he would do this with.

Comment

Originally posted by craig121212 View Post
              It would be interesting to hear some peoples thoughts on this hand, not just a trainer, and then I'll tell you what I done, i think it was rather strange.
              Hey craig121212 I'm glad you stated this so explicitlyumbup: I have always thought the hand analysis sections were intended to be arenas for discussion open to everyone, not just "ask the pro" areas. I would encourage everyone to add their two cents to threads they find interesting, whether it be with a question or comment. You don't have to be an expert, and you don't have to be "right". We are all members of this forum for the purpose of learning. Look at me, I got a fancy PSO "hand analyzer" sig a few weeks ago. Yes, I am very proud of that, but I still have a rediculous amount of stuff to learn. I am still posting my own hands in the analysis sections asking for advice from others and showing everyone that I can spew chips like a day one beginner. Yes, the trainers definately know their stuff and I would heed well their advice. But, there are many roads to improvement; including learning through an honest exchange of opinions between peers. Well, that's my two cents Roland GTX PS: Nice handumbup:

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.