PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 9-max: AJo multi-way pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 9-max: AJo multi-way pot

Hi, The BB is playing 32/25/0 The limper is playing 11/5/6 The fact that the tight player limped and called a raise should have open my eyes lol. It obviously screams 'I have a small pocket pair' But since both of the players were short stack, and they've called the C-bet I think I was commited to the pot. Thanks umbup:

Hey,
    The turn card really isn't nice here at all, but both your opponents are playing less than 50bb stacks. There is less than a pot size bet behind for each of them by the turn, so i think it should just be all in and hope for the best.
    You don't want to check and fold to a bet and that's what is going to happen if you don't just shove.
    Not a very nice spot to be in, but not much we can do here.

Comment

Hi fp,

I agree, not much to do here with the villains both being short and a low spr. The only thing I would suggest in this situation is maybe raising a bit more than normal preflop... .08c was your standard sizing but I'd be inclined to make it like .10c-.12c. I prefer that to isolate on the limper who does rate to have a lot of marginal broadways (all of which we dominate) and smallish pairs in his range. A lot of the time he's going to call the raise and play fit or fold on the flop, so by making a big larger iso raise we give ourselves a better chance to actually get HU with him while building a bit bigger pot to take down all the times he simply check/folds the flop.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.