PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll and BB/100 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll and BB/100 question

What sort of bankroll should you sit with in Limit and how many buy in's at a level would you be comfortable with?

I'm not normally a cash player but have seen BB/100 many times. Am I right in thinking this is a win/ lose rate ie. for 10c/20c Limit a win rate of 3/100 is 60c per hundred hands?

I know any profit is good but what is a good win rate for micro stakes Limit and over what sample?

tyia.
    Bracelet Winner

Anyone any thoughts?

Also can anyone tell me what the Blue and Red lines are for in this graph? They are added when I tick the showdown winnings in HEM2.

There's a small orange line that is ever so slightly above my green line, this is all in ev. Does that mean I'm being luckier or unluckier with my all ins by the river?
    Last edited by Ovalman; Mon Nov 12, 2012, 02:52 PM.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi oval,

I can answer some of this... yes on the bb/100. If you go to the help menu of your software, it should take you to the sites FAQ list and there will be a FAQ with an explanation of what all the different stats mean. I have no idea what a strong win rate is for limit microstakes, sorry can't help there.

In the graph, your red line is non-showdown winnings and blue line is showdown winnings. Don't worry about all in EV as in limit you are hardly ever in an all in situation. This simply shows how your results would look if you ran precisely to EV once all in before the river.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I know the only line that matters is my green line but what about the orange line? It's running slightly above my green line, does that mean I'm being lucky or unlucky?
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Neither. Unless there's a large difference you're basically running to EV in these spots... and in limit you will never really have an issue here since you are almost never in all in situations.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the help Dave.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.