PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QQ vs. 62o

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QQ vs. 62o

It's a 5/10 NLH play money table. I'm CO-1 holding QQ. 3 limpers. Middle position raise to 50. I re-raise to 140. 4 players call including the original raiser in mid-position.

Flop: 2s 5h 6h

Check around to the player in middle postion. He raise all in for 1810. I call. Folds all around. Were heads up. He has 62o.

I try to take play money tables as a learning experience. I really doubt that I would see this kind of play at a 1-2 NLH cash game in person, but just in case, did I do something wrong here?

The old but true answer is it depends....

Now did you have a read on the player at the table?

are they tight or loose?

with 4 players in you could make it a little higher preflop but honestly it was ok.

so when the villian goes all in... we can't comment because we do not know them.

I class players as
    NIT - very tight very aggressive
    TAG - Tight and aggressive
    LP - Loose and passive
    LAG - loose and aggressive

So if a nit goes all in her e i think i may be beat
    if a Tag goes all in here im stuck they may have an over pair like me or teh could have tripped up ( not likely preflop but could be the case depending on table)
    LP - if he is leading at this i am beat
    LAG dude could have anything i'm calling all day long.

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi infinity

Without specific reads, I'd say your play here was fine post flop. Preflop the raise sizing needs to be larger imo. You've got 3 limpers and then a raiser who goes 5x, given the action here I think we should be repopping to something like at least 200, and given the general looseness of play money (or any very loose table dynamic) I would add a premium surcharge to that and bring it for 250-300 personally.

Post flop, people will jam all in with all kinds of worse 1 pair hands in play money, so given that I've no problem stacking off QQ here.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.