PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name that seat? 6-Max Tables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name that seat? 6-Max Tables

In a 6-Max Table there are - no surprise - 6 seats

I have standard names for 5 of them

Button
    Cut-off
    Hi-Jack
    Big Blind
    Small Blind

What is the other one called?

It could just be 'Under the Gun' - which is fine for a full-ring game, and it is a good descriptor, but in 6-Max I feel it should have something more specific as a proper name.

And if it doesn't already have a name - can we have some suggestions?

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Tue Nov 06, 2012, 07:49 PM.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Hey Ed!

I use UTG for it. I do switch one other one. I call the Hi-Jack, MP for 6-max.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

hi ED, i use the same as Johnumbup:

Comment

i use this term sometimes instead of utg for 6max - Lojack (LJ): The player three seats to the right of the button

its better using it for full ring as i hate the term MP, say if someone raises from middle position 9 or 10 handed, that only gives you a vague notion of where that player is sitting and what his range is.

Comment

http://thesaurus.com/browse/under+the+gun?s=t
          write under the gun in search if link is broken or saying it can't find the term..

the definition for under the gun is ''under time pressure''
          not very apt for poker ???
          Last edited by NOBLELOCKS; Wed Nov 07, 2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.