PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nl2 flop set in BB, donk or chek raise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nl2 flop set in BB, donk or chek raise?

hi.

cuple of small questions to day for curiosity.

was table selecting alot today, somthing i dont do much, so never got much reads on these 2 hands.

ok in the BB i flop a set from a TAG open, SB calls also, problem slightly there is 2 flush cards on flop, i decide the TAG will continue, so i go for check raise, instead of donk, or call flop c bet from TAG.. what do u think is best move here? donk, check call, or check raise?

part of my thinking process for alot of hands is to try take it down before river somtimes coz i can see a sukout, this is kinda one example! i mite be loosing value?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...307_C86BBE31E8

Hi Taxed,

I think check-raising is fine here, if he's got a hand he won't release it and we might be able to trap the SB between.

I don't really like the preflop call too much though tbh. Definitely going to play this hand vs. a TAG's button open (for a min raise... probably a lot of steals in his range) and the SB call. But I think it's probably more +EV to 3b here. A8 doesn't play that well out of position without the initiative. But it's a nice hand to resteal with and it's actually a thin value raise imo as I think we are likely ahead of both their ranges in a spot like this. So I like seizing the initiative from the button stealer and not letting the SB speculate cheaply.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

cool, i think i called pre just coz it was suited,!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.