PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QQ can i fold to KK flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QQ can i fold to KK flop

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hey Marvin,

It would actually be better to stop the hand at the flop by deleting the text from there onwards but as soon as I saw the min raise from the villain on the flop I thought fold.

Now just because I thought fold does not necessarily mean I would do it, but it is what you should do I feel. I cannot really see him re-raising with worse unless you have a read otherwise.

Cheers,

TC

Cheers

Comment

Hi Marvin,

I agree, I think this is a fold too. We've shown a ton of strength to this point in the hand and the opponent is making a stack committing raise anyway. And the min-raise is often a weak player tell of a big hand. To continue here we are basically hoping he's called our preflop 3b with AQ or AJ and is now getting way out of line with them. Much more likely we're looking at JJ or AK a lot, or sometimes AA that's just made up his mind to go with it post flop no matter what happens. So well played up through the flop bet, but time to let it go without reads to the contrary.

Edit: Just looked at the result, his preflop call of our 3b with KQo is horrible imo, but post flop he did have the strength level he was repping with his flop raise.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

ty guys, looking back i think this is a fold

this is the spot why im a losing player in cash games time to improve

Comment

Hi marvin

You might have noticed that I called down two hands similar to this one in the Daily Game yesterday. I would normally fold as the others suggested. I could only call last night due to very good reads on the villians, and I was still unsure.

GL!

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.