PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Ring NL2 , QQ from BB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Ring NL2 , QQ from BB

MP1 ($0.63)
    MP2 ($2.12)
    Hero (BB) ($4.03)
    CO ($1.54)
    SB ($1.87)
    Button ($2.03)
    UTG ($0.97)
    UTG+1 ($0.62)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
    4 folds, CO bets $0.06, 2 folds, Hero raises $0.18, CO calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.41) 9, A, A (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.20, CO raises $0.40, Hero folds
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opponent 's stats : vpip/pfr/AF = 17/9/2 , over 23 hands, generally unknown...

Preflop: If he had 4bet (all in), would it be ok to call? It all depends on how opponents play and what information we have from previous plays, right?

Post flop: Do you think cbet is fine at this board? For some reason i don 't like it. All better hands will of course continue (maybe even KK ). But if i check i will show weakness and he will bet most of the time...

Hi,

First of all the preflop question, yes I'm cool stacking off QQ here against a non-full stacked player. Although I think his 4b range is basically all value hands, he can have enough worse. Against TT+ and AK we're a 52% favorite and if he stacks worse pairs or worse non-pairs ever it only gets better for us.

Post flop I think it's ok to check. Don't assume he's auto-betting if you check either... you 3b from out of position preflop and now check AA9, you might have JJ-KK but you also might have smashed it with AA or AK, so he may well check behind you without an ace. If he bets, your call (you're not check-folding the flop here ever) should be worrisome making it very hard for him to barrel if he doesn't have the ace. An opponent might even slow it down on the turn as strong as AQ being afraid you're slowplaying AK. So yeah I think a check-call line to induce either a loose bet, or a loose call later in the hand, works better than just c-betting out all worse hands. If the opponent wants to put a lot of money in though we probably have to give this up later in the hand as they will likely shut down without the ace.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you very much. umbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.