PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too Passive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Passive?

This hand has me wondering if I'm playing too passive. I've represented some strength with the pre-flop raise, and the calling of the c-bet, so should I have taken a stab at this on the turn as he could possibly fold all pairs up to 99/TT, any rag Ace, and any suited connectors? And if so, what size bet should this be? I'm thinking a small-ish bet could do the job and represent the strength attempting to get value. Or am I right to check this down in position and hope he doesn't bet again?

Originally posted by Jameisus View Post
    This hand has me wondering if I'm playing too passive. I've represented some strength with the pre-flop raise, and the calling of the c-bet, so should I have taken a stab at this on the turn as he could possibly fold all pairs up to 99/TT, any rag Ace, and any suited connectors?
    Hi,

You didn't raise preflop so you didn't show strength. The call of the c-bet on this board shows some strength, especially since the vast majority of players would call with trips as a slow play. That being said, I don't like betting here with your hand strength, as I doubt you're ever getting better hands to fold blind vs. blind, nor are worse hands calling, so just check the turn to induce some river bluffs, and check it down imo.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.