PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just unlucky?....or badly played?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just unlucky?....or badly played?

** MOVED TO PROPER FORUM **

Hi 9Duce. Welcome to the forum. Here is a summary of the features you can find at PSO. I have moved your post to the hand analysis forum to make sure one of our hand analyzers sees it.

Better luck next time you have 99
    Doug
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi 9duce

I'll go with just unlucky. Preflop call is fine, and I actually like the bet/3b line on the flop here, it often gets misinterpreted as a weak 1 pair hand trying to "see where it's at" or a draw, and we will often get raised by AK or AJ. We'll definitely get raised by AQ. I am willing to go broke with a set on the flop since there's easily enough worse hands that will give our flop lead bet this kind of action, at the very least AQ but probably AK a fair bit, and combo draws for sure like KJ, KT, or JT with the flush draw. Unfortunately his range does included QQ and AA, when this happens we are going to lose a bunch of bb's, but in the long run I think we'll be well profitable in this spot against his range as a whole.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Dave, the other villain as i have seen you lot call them in training videos etc actually had Ad Jd just in case you were wondering.

Comment

Yeah, we do, it's kind of standard poker vernacular these days, "hero" and "villain". We're not always heros, and the villains are probably pretty nice people most of the time too, but the terminology works fine.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.