PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi-Bluff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-Bluff

This is a hand I won, but looking back, I'm wondering if I just got lucky and was making some -ev plays throughout: I think the pre-flop call is correct, the words in the back of my head are 'AK is just too strong to fold pre-flop to one raiser, so I have to see this flop'. Is this right? The UTG raiser definately isn't a nit, but isn't insane either. But the call on the flop is confusing, I was thinking something like 'I have 2 overs and a gutshot, I can't fold to a c-bet'. Then the turn comes and gives me more outs, so I make an extremely aggressive play and re-raise. Something tells me this was a mistake, even though I won?

Hi Jamei,

Actually preflop against a short stack who is not a nit I think you can just 3b and get it in with him instead of calling and playing the pot out of position. On the flop I actually like leading into him. As played I don't mind your aggressive action, it looks super strong and it's hard for him to call without a Q or better. You're probably getting called by AA and KK to considering how short he is but you have a blocker to each of those hands and a lot of outs as well.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the reply, one question though, why would leading the flop be a good idea here?

Comment

It's a semi-bluff with hand equity to fall back on, it might get him to release hands like AJ, 88, or another AK by seizing the initiative.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.