PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pot odds to call with underpair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot odds to call with underpair?

I was a bit high on adrenaline from winning a huge pot before this hand so I didn't think as much as I probably should have. I guess I have two questions, should I c-bet this with four callers, and further to that, do the small sizes of the turn and river bets by the player in position mean I HAVE to call, or should I even be folding to pot odds of 6.5/1? (and is this 6.5/1 or 5.5/1 on the turn?) The river bet offers worse odds, and I obviously have no draw at this point, so I guess this is where I definately should have folded, as I'm only beating a bluff now?

Hi Jamei,

Good questions... first c-betting, probably not into 3 opponents, it's very thin but it does serve to fold out overcard hands like KQ.

Definitely shut down on the turn... check-fold. You're about 22-1 to hit a set on the river, so to call you need to be like stacking him most of the time when you spike it, and that's very optimistic.

The situation changes if he can be bluffing sometimes, but he called your c-bet in a multi-way pot on a totally dry ace high board... this action screams Ax+. So that answers your river question too, just check-fold. He's usually got A-rag here and is making small bets to get calls out of pocket pairs.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.