PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn decission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn decission

I played a 0.01/0.02 Game, 9 handed: I'm holding . The board is . Im head-up out of position. There is $1 in the pot and the opponent bets his last $0.50. I'm pretty sure that he has AA or KK at this point. Should I call for good pot odds? Thanks
    Last edited by Beginner358; Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:19 PM.

i would fold, but then again i might call as i just can not resist, and dont know when im beat. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Beginner358 View Post
      I played a 0.01/0.02 Game, 9 handed: I'm holding . The board is . Im head-up out of position. There is $1 in the pot and the opponent bets his last $0.50. I'm pretty sure that he has AA or KK at this point. Should I call for good pot odds? Thanks
      Lets look at the pot odds vs. your odds of winning the hand. First the pot odds, this is easy to work out, you need to call a bet which is 50% of Pot. Pot Odds = 50% Now let's work out what cards can help you and using the Rule of Four and Two work out your win percentage. On the turn you hold two pair Tens and Nines. You think your opponent is ahead with Aces or Kings. You need to catch either a Jack for a Straight or a Ten for a full house Tens over Nines. This gives you 8 outs and using the 2 x rule = 16% Therefore in the long run it's not profitable to call here. 16% Win Odds Vs 50% Pot Odds = Fold Raiser umbup:
      Last edited by royalraise85; Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.