PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6max zoom: river flush, how much to re-raise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6max zoom: river flush, how much to re-raise

This is a spot where I have a specific question, there is a good chance the villain has a straight, or even a lower flush, what bet sizing should I go for to get the maximum value possible from my hand.

Hey Craig

Finally someone posts an easy one

The only play here it to move all-in. Most opponents, especially those at these stakes, are going to have a tough time raise/folding a value hand on the river, even if they have a strong feeling they are beat.

If we make a non all-in raise we let him off the hook. He can definitely make a bigger mistake if we let him.

So let's put the monies in. He either has a very strong hand or total air.

Comment

Ahh that's good, that's what I done.
      So unsure about bet sizing in some spots since I moved up from 2NL. It seems much much harder to get it in preflop at this level, 2NL, i could 4bet shove and get called like 80% of the time, and even post flop it was pretty easy to get the money, much harder here to get big value.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.