PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 9-max: strange shove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 9-max: strange shove

Hi, the raiser is a LAG player who's playing like 2/3 of the hands and raising like half of them. I've called because I had implied odds. But ended up folding fearing a flush, although now it seems that he could have trips or paired the king. The shove confused me anyway. What u guys think of the fold ?

Hi fp,

Preflop call is fine. Flop call I really don't like, this is not a board we should really ever be slow playing as there are soooo many scary looking cards to our opponents ranges that may kill our action. So I think we should usually be raising right on the flop.

As played I would call off to the LAG's shove. Not too worried about a flush, if he's loose-aggressive he's probably going to raise the flop with a flush draw more often than not. It's possible of course, but much more likely he just turned a flush draw with the ace, maybe with top pair, like AhKx which he thinks is probably good right now given the weak action and which is drawing to the nuts if not good now. Looks like a "protection" raise or semi-bluff raise, not like a flush that would probably raise but much less, to keep you guys hooked in. Of course that could be wrong, but I'd put the money in here and find out personally.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.