PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Short Stacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Short Stacks

Hey guys!

How you deal with short stacks ?
    I was playing today, and there was a guy that always played a 10-15BB stack. He raised and ended up going all in only, so whenever I was thinking of raising a hand when he was on the blinds I should have a plan if I should call him if he shoved.

What to do ?

Only play hands against him that your happy to go all in with, depending how loose he is (I imagine he is pretty loose).
    That could look something like 22-AA AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, maybe another few hands depending if he shows down with ridiculous holdings.

Comment

He's shown hands from AA to KJo, which I think is pretty loose to go all-in after a 3-bet.

Comment

The general advice for playing short stackers is to tighten up and only play premium hands against them. Short stackers stratagy seems to be to just sit and wait for what they think is a strong hand and then shove all in. Of course others may have a different view on this to me.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.