PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nl5 FR slow play nuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nl5 FR slow play nuts

hi.
    what do u think here standard or wrong to slow play here or at least chek flop , i think if i bet flop here villain folds, so i play it as follows, do u think i can get more value on river?

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...857_06C43680C7

Hi Taxed,

Play is perfect imo. Now those who attend my live trainings or watch my vids will know I am a strong proponent of NOT slow playing big flops, it usually costs us money. In this case however, I think you have to do it to maximize value. You have the board crushed, and his range is pretty largely weighted to 99-KK type hands. If you c-bet (as the preflop 3-bettor would be expected to do) he will fold some of that, and give you 1 street of value with the rest, not likely to get 2 streets with this line. (obv with reads that can change, no reads are given though). By checking back the flop and flatting his turn lead, you make it look like you might not like the ace so much (make your range look like a pocket pair) increasing the chance you get a 2nd streat of value on the river (which you did), AND give him 2 chances to hit his 2 out 2nd best full house that gets you doubled up.

River value bet was good, I actually thought it was a bit high as a good player will not pay this much off with QQ, but you got paid.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks dave, thats exact reason i asked, i dont like slow playing either, altho i seem to b starting to do it more, however here i dont think i had a choice if i wanted to get payed more.!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.