PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL advice

So I'm pretty comfortable with how I play 2NL and my BR does permit me to make the hop to 5nl, and want to know how 5NL compares to 2NL. Specifically are there as many limpers, or is it more aggressive?
    More general advice for 5NL also welcome.

Also I know this is in the NLHE section, but would also like advice on the PLO tables as well. Saves having to start another thread. Call me lazy, but I might as well try and masquerade it as an attempt to be efficient! Just please don't hate me for it...
    'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Hi,

can i suggest that you post your questions about PLO in the 'other games forum' as you may well get some helpful advice there that you may not get in this forum.

Regarding moving up to 5nl, in my own experience i have not found very much difference, except that as you say, you get less limpers with the first to enter a pot more likely to raise than just call, but like everything poker, it depends. One thing i did notice on moving up was that my BR dropped significantly quicker on bad beats, or when i played a hand wrong.

Comment

Hey Wiltshireman,
      Thanks for the confirmation. Will make a post about the PLO at some point, but poker is on a back foot at the moment, having just set up my Xbox Live account on my Xbox.

Having said that, I did hit a few 5NL tables between my post and signing up to XBL, largely are the same, and was able to hit a bit of a heater to go ~$7. So far so good, then. I'll just have to what and see how I hack it long term.

Thanks again.
      'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

Your welcome, and best of luck.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.