PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flush verses Full house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush verses Full house

I had Jd9d in my hand and raised on the CU 3 x the BB pre flop. On the flop I hit a flush - 2d, 8d and 10d. I then carried on raising as I had the flush and then the straight flush draw on top. However I was reraised a number of times. The turn I forget, but the river was the 2c. After a he raises on the river I drew the other guy all in and he ends up with full house 8 over 2s.

Up until the 2 I had him beat but I missed the full house draw. Was this, despite loosing, the correct way to play this hand or should I have been more conservative? I guess I feel I played it correctly up until the river, but then focused on my flush rather than the possible draw on the table. But by the time I had got to the river I had invested about half my stack.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Takamino

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnLine.

This link will help you find you way around. We have some great features, and training video's which i hope you will find usefull. If you haven't yet tried it, i would suggest that you take a look at the training course's available,they should help you in making decisions in situations such as you describe.

Comment

Thanks Tony, I have started them - will definitely continue.

M

Comment

Hi Takamino! It depends on the stack sizes, the pot size and how much was bet. Without this information, I can't say whether or not it was the correct play. If you have this info, we'd be glad to help. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.