PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL Bottom set all in coordinated board +EV?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL Bottom set all in coordinated board +EV?

Villain 5: 117 hands, 25/16, AF: 1.2 I wasn't really affected by the results but more about the turn decision. On the spot, I couldn't think thus I raised him lol. But there could be several combos which would have beat me preflop- TT, 88, 77, J9, 96. Might have slow played on the flop? On the turn, although I turned bottom set, faced with a 2.5x raise from a passive villain, should I have folded? Or would you have taken the other option of going all in with him since he's short stacked?
    Last edited by TheAwesomeNW; Thu Sep 20, 2012, 09:30 AM.

Interesting spot Awesome.

It might be prudent for future hand histories to remove the results from the replayer, so that we can't see what the opponent turned up with and how that might affect comments or perspective.

It certainly does seem like, when he raises the turn, we have to be beat, and that because of all the possible sets, we might be drawing very thin.

In understanding his range it is important to note that I don't think he ever has any flush draws. So he is either overvaluing a two pair hand, bluffing, or has us beat.

Since that's true, and the chances he is raising two pair or bluffing are quite unlikely for a player like this, I guess it is a fold. A strange situation against someone who is like you said a shorter stack, so that our requirements for getting all-in are lower than they would otherwise be.

Tough spot with a turned set for certain

Comment

Oks thanks. Will cover the results in the future!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.