PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand Analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Analysis

Was I wrong to believe I had the best hand? Looking for all comments, betting errors, hand read errors, anything that helps. It felt like i suffered a bad beat at the table but I'd like to know if it was something else. I put him at best on a lower flush draw.

i guess im not referring to a bad beat, he had the better hand. Just wondering if I made errors or if this was a good spot to get the chips in.

Comment

**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24***
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Heyy dreagonith, nice to see you posting

The only thing I could say about the hand is that I think K6s is a bit too loose to open, but isolating a limper, if you play a loose style it could work for you, just not a hand I would play (I'm a 6-max nit).

He could have quite a few worse flushes than you that he would go all in with I think, there's only one card that is ahead of you and your just unlucky that you ran into this time, I would be all in with this hand as well.

Comment

ty, i find myself wanting to not play hands when i take beats like this, i guess i figure there is no way i was getting the right equity. reassuring to see someone say the opposite.

Comment

If things like this happen often and it's getting to you I would suggest just tightening up a little with your play.

Comment

thats pretty much the loosest hand i play, just didnt figure two players making it to the river with conflicting flushes and having the one card that beats me.

Comment

Hi dreagon, Nice to see you posting. umbup: My biggest thing here is the open, I agree it's a pretty loose isolation. Now that doesn't make it bad necessarily, but with no reads or table info provided it's tough to assess. If the players behind you are tight then I like isolating if we're going to play the hand. If isolation isn't a realistic goal based on the players behind us, then I wouldn't go for it. You might consider raising the turn, instead of just calling when he leads. I think raising the turn is better because the villain may be eager to 3b all in with smaller flushes and one card to come, to "protect" against the single ace. And if a 4th heart hits the river, it kills your action from smaller flushes who would certainly stack off the turn but not the river on a 4-heart board. As played I like the raise on the river. I would not be happy about his 3b as he should be concerned that we have the nut flush and yet he's not. He may well still take this action with smaller flushes, but the nut is not impossible either. Regardless, he's only got .38c left so at this point it's fine to put him the rest of the way in. If you guys were sitting with significantly more money behind, I may not be eager to reopen the betting with a 4-bet unless the opponent were very spewy. Dave
                Head Live Trainer
                Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks so much Dave, going through the hand again at the moment. Going to see if I can re-program myself to think about these things. .

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.