PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 6max zoom: AK should i 4bet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 6max zoom: AK should i 4bet?

Should i 4bet here preflop instead of flatting? Or should I lead out?

Hi Craig

I think you played the hand well for the most part. I would be willing to go all-in preflop given the 2nd player's overcall. With our AK taking both an ace and a king out of the deck, running into KK or AA is going to be quite rare. Moreover we are not suited and don't play that well after the flop out of position. I would also point out the three-bettor's stack size is not a full stack; for that reason I feel more confident in putting the money in before the flop.

As played when you see this flop, this is a clear check-fold. The ranges may not include AA or KK very often, but they are definitely by no means weak and especially not on this board. Both players can have overpairs and the cold caller can have plenty of sets in addition to that. Check/fold and get out of there!

Gareth

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.