PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 6max zoom: bb hit 2 pair, against turn raise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 6max zoom: bb hit 2 pair, against turn raise

Not posted hands in a few days so gonna look through and see if I can find some interesting/annoying spots, here is one: What does he have here? Limping preflop I'm really scared of K5 hands here, or even A4.

Hey Craig

He might have any one of a number of hands, from a set to a straight, to two pair. Let's review and remember the preflop action: our opponent limped UTG. This often represents a speculative hand such as a low pocket pair, a suited ace, or small cards in general.

First I think this decision is between calling and folding. I don't think there are enough hands from which to get value this way. However we might be able to draw out on a better hand, or check down on the river against worst hands that either raised the turn for value, or as a semi bluff with a flush draw, a straight draw, or a combination of both.

I wouldn't mind the call route actually, but this might be me in my ambitious fresh out of bed state. I think a) he can give up with bluffs/semi-bluff b) he can check down worse made hands c) we can sometimes draw out on the river by filling up. Between these three possibilities calling the turn to check-fold the river unimproved is potentially our best route.

Of course if it turns out that his range crushes ours, then you should fold the turn to this raise Not to be too repetitive but this is where reads can make all the difference in the world.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.