PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KK vs short stack shove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK vs short stack shove

My biggest losses tend to come from KK and AA hands gone awry. I wanted to test the Boom replayer so here is a KK gone bad from yesterday.

2NL Zoom vs unknown

Could I have played this one differently, or have I taken a standard line?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...863_E3DC1C45F5

Thanks

Roland GTX
    Last edited by Roland GTX; Thu Sep 13, 2012, 12:19 PM.

That looks like a very standard play to me, and I would have played it the same. SPR on this is about 2 (thanks to Dave on my previous post for reminding me of SPR) and I'm never folding an overpair on a 2 SPR. According to PokerStove you were about 55% favourite to win that hand. So you got your money in good, you just got unlucky and got drawn out on. Well played though umbup:

Comment

Totally standard, and optimal I think, no problem at all with the play here. The thing about low spr spots is the prize (the current pot) is already large relative to the remaining money, so taking the risk for it with a strong one pair hand is justified. It should also be so for the opponent so they can be expected to stack in many worse hands here as well like AJ-QJ, QQ, draws, etc.

The one suggestion I have is to set the auto-top off so you don't fall to a 75bb stack in zoom.

Dave
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
        Totally standard, and optimal I think, no problem at all with the play here. The thing about low spr spots is the prize (the current pot) is already large relative to the remaining money, so taking the risk for it with a strong one pair hand is justified. It should also be so for the opponent so they can be expected to stack in many worse hands here as well like AJ-QJ, QQ, draws, etc.

The one suggestion I have is to set the auto-top off so you don't fall to a 75bb stack in zoom.

Dave
        Thanks Dave,

My settings are changed

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.