PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl Zoom - QQ in the SB.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl Zoom - QQ in the SB.

Pretty interesting spot here, I think...
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    This seems such a tricky spot for me, maybe it isn't and I'm just over thinking things but some advice would be great. The guy opens in the cut off and I make a pretty standard 3-bet, I think he can definately call with worse even if hes tight e.g. AQ TT . However the problem arises when he does what he does and 4-bets, I have 3 options: 1)Fold - my hand is pretty strong, against a strong range of AK and QQ+ I have a 40% equity so I really don't like folding. However my other options aren't great either. 2)Raise - If I rasie it has to be a shove as any decent sized rasie will be committing. However if I shove am I value owning myself and only getting called by AK and QQ+, to which I'm behind too. 3) Call - calling really doesn't seem an option playing a 4-bet pot OOP against an unknown doesn't sound appealing. So should I have 3-bet in the first place? I really don't like just flatting the initial raise but when I 3-bet it leaves me in the spot above. Has Zoom really turned QQ into a hand you can't even 3-bet OOP, or am I over thinking things and is it a pretty standard spot to get it in? Cheers for any advice. Oliver umbup:
    Last edited by Croyd93; Fri Aug 31, 2012, 06:19 PM. Reason: Oops forgot to put the hand in.
    Follow me on: Twitter

I think in this one I will generally 5b/get it in with QQ+ once I 3b on these stacks. Sometimes he's making a move and will fold giving us a nice pot without a fight, and he will probably get in all "value" hands that he 4b with so that may include AK and JJ as well. If you add JJ into his range you're almost 48%, and if you add TT you're at 52%. Anything worse or spazzy only makes it better for you. If you have reads of course this could change.

3B/fold QQ - not
    3B/call QQ - meh, probably then committing when no A or K hits, but we won't get his stack when AK misses then
    Flat QQ - sure, sometimes, but usually going to 3b for value with it in spots like this.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cheers Dave, When I 3b pre my plan was to 5b shove if he 4b, I went with my plan and unfortuantely ran into Aces. Think I may have been a little results orientated with this one, so thanks for the help. Oliver umbup:
      Follow me on: Twitter

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.