PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl Zoom - KQs UTG. River spot.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl Zoom - KQs UTG. River spot.

Another zoom hand.
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Pre flop I make a standard raise I get called and then min 3-bet. At the micros his min 3-bet is indicative of a pretty strong hand I had a pretty good, however I called as i'm in position and I am getting a good price. When I hit a queen on the flop and he leads out I don't think I should fold to one bet when I've hit TPGK. He then fires the 9 really small, his bet looks weak and I don't think there is any point in raising here so again I just call. Was my fold correct and does he always turn up with AQ or an overpair, or did he just bluff me off the pot? Thanks for any advice. Oliver umbup:
    Follow me on: Twitter

Hey Oliver I think you played this hand about as well as it can be played. There isn't too much to improve upon. Pre-flop we should definitely open and our hand has too much potential to fold to a minimum three-bet when we have position postflop. On the flop we certainly must continue and on the turn the price he has given us is too much to turn down. Sure it seems like maybe we did something wrong when we have to fold on the river, but keep in mind that a) he is not always going to pull the trigger on such a huge bet b) we improve on the river sometimes and will be able to call even huge bets c) he has bet every street and represented a big hand pretty much the whole way. I would not expect for us to be able to make a profitable call here. Just a standard spot really that you will encounter often when facing minimum three-bets. When the odds are too good to turn down, you should take them, until they aren't too good anymore! That's exactly what happened here, so nh umbup:

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.