PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL2FR JJ utg cbet or no?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL2FR JJ utg cbet or no?

hi,
    jusy a wee bit curious here, usually i c bet here, infact i usually cbet if im pre flop raiser angainst one person, nearly all the time, i think my cbet stat mite be too high and geting raised alot so im trying the delayed c-bet, which i was gonna do here, if a safe turn came,... looking back i think i should of just c-bet flop, and maybe even bet turn, ?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...492_2E6F7D63D9

Hi UR,

You haven't provided any villain reads, and that's kind of important to how I would play this spot.

In a vacuum, the villain is not playing a full stack so I would assume they are fishy, and c-bet this flop. We can get value from spade draws, including worse spade draws than ours that decide to draw hoping we don't have a spade. Maybe even a worse pair if they are bad enough. Maybe a float to represent spades if the 4th one comes if they are tricky or bluffy. And if we run into an ace they are not very terribly likely to have AK or AQ so our spade draw should be live, giving us reasonable hand equity to fall back on (11 outs).

After he checks the flop definitely I like betting the turn, the ace paring makes it less likely he actually has one, and more likely he will now call with worse pairs not believing us since we checked the flop.

As played I would not fold unless the villain was a super-nit. We've checked to him twice, if anything will induce a bluff or semi-bluff that would tend to do it, so I'm not folding now unless I feel pretty confident the villain will never bluff even in a scenario that seems ripe for it.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.