PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL2FR 3b light the isolator ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL2FR 3b light the isolator ?

hi,
    just quik question, in this spot is it worth 3 bet bluffing the isolator? i watch nl200/400 somtimes and see them doing it there alot, so thought maybe i should aswell !

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...690_94547C267F

Hi,

This is entirely villain dependent. If player 9 is raising to isolate frequently (i.e. we know they are doing it light a lot) and they have a fold button, then it's a nice spot to resteal occassionally with an ace blocker.

That being said, .01c-.02c is a far cry from 200-400, don't try and equate the two in terms of strategies. For the most part in 2nl just 3b for value and not so much as a bluff.

Of course good 3b bluff opportunities come up in microstakes but they are not too common. In contrast to the big game where most of the players are good and they are falling all over themselves to iso on a weak limper, so they will be light quite a bit of the time in a spot like this.

Hope this helps,

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

yeah ok thanx
      sotimes i forget about my reads, and just go on the present situation, ill work on this

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.