PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL River 3 Bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL River 3 Bet

Just a general question, do you find players 3 bet bluff a lot on the river in 5NL cash games.....happening to me a lot lately in zoom

Bluffing the river isn't in many players arsenals, and especially so for 3b bluffing the river. Until you know a specific villain is capable of this play, I would assume it is always for value. Now a bad player may be over-valuing a hand strength like top pair, but their intention is value none the less.

If you find you are getting 3b a lot on the river (with hands that don't want to be 3b it sounds like), chances are you are raising them on the river too often and should simply be calling for showdown instead of raising. It's also an indicator that the initial villain bets are for value, which is also what I'd expect on the river particularly in a field filled with weaker players.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

So let me get this straight. You know it is a bluff and you are folding?

Comment

i dont know haha hence why i ask the question

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.