PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL 6-max zoom. Tough river spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL 6-max zoom. Tough river spot

This was a zoom hand so no reads on the opponent. Pre-flop i decided to call because we were 160 BBs deep and I was getting a decent prize. On the flop i c/r as a bluff to get him to fold AK and pocket pairs. The turn gives me a straight but also completes the flushdraw. I valuebet, hoping to get called by AA, KK and AQ. The river is a blank, but i don't want to shove, since i don't think I'm gonna get called by worse and he might have AK of hearts. I also don't want to bet small, because when i get raised I'm gonna feel priced in to call, praying I'm good. I decided to check. If the villian bet, should i call? Or should i just have shoved the river? Not to be results orientated (just to make you laugh), he mucked A8 of clubs
    Last edited by magiciantom; Mon Aug 06, 2012, 01:41 PM.

Hi Tom,

I like your line in this hand and I think it is a very clearcut valueshove on the river. Since Villain 3bet pre he won't have too many flushdraws in his range and most of those he would probably even play faster OTF or OTT, so I'd go for max Value from AQ/KK/AA which is most likely a huge part of villains range in that spot.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.