PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Zoom - bad poker play or just cool under pressure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Zoom - bad poker play or just cool under pressure

I think there is something in my cash game to be able do this.

2NL Zoom with no reads but I don't know if this is bad poker play or just cool under pressure?

That sick feeling do not get this wrong? So how did I do this so right - good or bad play?

Boom Hand

Last edited by ForrestFive; Wed Aug 01, 2012, 05:53 AM.

Hi ForrestFive,

pre I would try to isolate one of the limpers by raising to at least 0.1. When BB raises to 0.2 here you should definitely fold since it is such a huge raise indicating you may well be dominated a lot of the time here. With just 100bb effective you do not really have any room postflop anymore and will risk getting money quickly in against a dominating hand when you flop a pair or draw.

Flop is a clear fold too with just overs and a backdoor draw for such a high price.

As played I would jam turn as a semibluff and get all the money in here now that you picked up additional outs and villain may sometimes indicate that he is giving up after checking to you.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Thanks Felix,

Yes agree how I should play it. 100% raise to isolate but in these micros I know 75% of the time I will be called in the blinds and for some unknown reason the limper's call too. Here I just hold the button. When I get raised I know that player understands something and should c-bet most boards.

I mark cash players who raise red and limp orange. As the mouse moved over the raiser to label the player more information - and Russian.

So can we make any assumptions, not tight and not passive, perhaps a bit loose? I expected the c-bet and then the villain shut down on the turn. Why no second barrel?

As it played out yes I should have shoved the turn. My bet was just looking like value if the villain was thinking. Then came a great bluff card on the river for a club flush.

I didn't believe it and that's poker I suppose.
      Last edited by ForrestFive; Wed Aug 01, 2012, 03:59 PM. Reason: cash label colour

Comment

Working...
      X