PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL AA facing big 3 bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL AA facing big 3 bet

Villan 20/20/- 5 hands villan 2 3 bettor 48/22/1 23 hands It was the first hand the villain raise I cold call for I was hoping the Original raiser would 4 bet shove or come along. Should I have shoved back or it didn't matter what I do stacks are going in ? Should I always be shoving back in situations like these ?

Hi animosama.

I personally have no problem with your flat of the big 3bet. Vs the 3bettor, you are going to go on just about any flop that has your AA as an over pair, and the SPR even if the other guy called was right to stand on an over pair as well. All 4bet shoving was likely to do was either fold out weaker raise hands held by the bigger stack, all of which are behind your AA.

If there were 2 x villians besides the big short stack 3bettor, then I'd be more inclined to 4bet, but in this pot I'd like to get more action from the larger stack if possible, as the big raise means I'm getting all the shorties chips (unless he sucks out) any way.

Hope it helps.

-JDean
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.