PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50nl set on the flop and every street the board gets worse...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50nl set on the flop and every street the board gets worse...

I believe I was beat here 99% of the time.. Etienne

Hi Etienne.

If you believe you are beat 99% of the time here, then your fold is a good one. The question I'd ask though, and what is really required for a decent analysis, is WHY do you think you are beat 99% of the time?

There is a lot of ways you can be beat here, but given your line, and the depth of money, there are also quite a few WORSE hands the opp might play like this based on the read info you might have.

Folding too tightly in a cash game after getting a good amount of your stack in can be a bigger mistake than calling and losing. I'd suggest you review the videoes the Langolier put up on the REM process, because your reads will effect your likely equity, and the decisions you make to maximize your expected value in situations such as these.

...but without more read Info, I cannot really help you with the specifics of that. Feel free to put up a clarification as to why you think you are beat 99% of the time here Etienne, because insight into your thought processes is really what is required to determine whether this was a good fold or not.

Hope it helps.

-JDean
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.