PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50nl beat up...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50nl beat up...

I had just sat and only had a couple of hands as read on him and he seemed fairly loose and aggro When this happened... I believe of course I over played it for sure and seeing it again makes you think I had enough info for folding but 47 to open with 8bb raise from early... grrr. How could I have walked away from it? 3betting to 8$ with JJ? Thanks Etienne

hi Etienne.

If your read is that the ep raiser is loose and aggro, then yes I'd want to 3bet JJ pre rather than flatting as you did.

By flatting you left the SPR going to the flop too high to really love stacking off with a single pair hand, and you were facing an opp who may well test your resolve too strongly with a wide range of crud to love folding.

So in this spot you'd really have preferred to get the pot a bit larger pre, say raising to around $6 to $8 to go, and either fold out his random cheese, or charge him a stiff price to see the flop. Had he called that 3bet amount with 74, then he is fighting WAY up hill vs you, and he is not going to flop the world anywhere near often enough to make his call profitable.

If a call for him is not +eV, it is in your best interests to try getting him to try making it.

Hope it helps.

-JDean
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.