PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad river move?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad river move?

I do not have reads on the opponent but I think my river shove was bad... right? My thought was to call the turn raise as most probably he had an 8 but shoving proved he had nothing and I think if I check the river he had to try to bluff? Thanks in advance Etienne

Hi Etienne,

I would actually just put it all in right on the turn, and not wait until the river. If he's bluffing he'll fold obviously, but I think the likelihood he's bluff raising the turn this big is probably small anyway, he rates to have a real hand. The reasonable preflop hands that beat us are 88, 44, 22. He may also take this action with many worse hands, namely smaller flushes and 8x which he thinks he's raising for value, and possibly once in a while he make a move with the Kc flush draw. Against all those hands it's better to get it in right on the turn, a 4th club will freeze 8x and the board double pairing, a 3rd 8 or 4th club may look scary to a smaller flush. They may still get the rest in on the river some of the time, but there's no need to risk it as they will get these in all the time on the turn. We can't really call this raise and fold the river to a full house, so since we have to pay off his boats I like to make sure he pays off my flush fully with his worse hands.

As played, yes I would check and let him bluff or value bet worse hands, shoving now looks very strong. He may have just been making a move with a single club since he folded.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.