PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Management and Taking Shots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Management and Taking Shots

Do you see it as necessary to take shots or would it be better to just grind up your bankroll the conservative way ?

For your cash game experience did you take shots whether live or online ?

Yes, I took a few shots - but nothing that put my BR in jeopardy. Just keep grinding it up, BR is the most important thing, next to growing your game.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
      Yes, I took a few shots - but nothing that put my BR in jeopardy. Just keep grinding it up, BR is the most important thing, next to growing your game.

were your shots successful ?

Comment

Some of them were, and some of them weren't. The point is that it didn't matter, the BR could take the hit. Taking shots can be fun, but usually it's only fun when you win!! As long as the BR hit doesn't matter, it's all good.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

I agree with joy. Taking shots is fine as long as it is done with good br management in mind and you step back down when it doesn't go well.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I agree too. The same philosophy will hold for all types of poker (not just NLHE) at both cash tables and tournaments.
            Normally what I try to do with the $$ that I want to take a shot with is to put that money aside and slowly add to it from my profits. That way it won't affect my bankroll.
            ex: I win $10 in a ring or a tourney, I'll put say $9 back into my bankroll and put $1 into my shot-taking bankroll. When I get the bankroll for taking a shot up to whatever I want to take a shot at... then I'll play it.

John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.