PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 NL 6 Max TPGK turn and river dilema

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 NL 6 Max TPGK turn and river dilema

Villain twotime055 was 91/7 after 46 hands. AF: 5.2 Basically, his strategy was to limp to see flops and play aggressive if the board hits him. Previous notes of him: 1) PF shove 55, won opponent's A4s 2) called my big river bet w his 94o on coordinated board T2J9Q (3clubs), my KJ won Flop: He donk bets, I thought he could be on a flush draw while I had 2 overcards so I called. He could have anything. Turn: He donk bets small, could be a block bet for flush draw. I hit TPGK thus I raised it up for value. If he was on flush draw, or held a Ten, he might still call. However, he re-raised me. My alarm bells go off. Thought he might be stealing over here, so I called. River: Good card for us since the flush didn't get there. He could have hit a gutshot if he held 87, but I just thought it was unlikely. This time he donk bets, shoving. I felt super uncomfortable, thought my TPGK would most likely be beat. But the curious side of me convinced me that he could be bluffing or shoving with anything. I would have most likely folded the river, maybe 70% of the time, but the emotional side got better and I called. Would you have made the call at the turn and river given his history and the stand he was taking for this hand? What's your take for this?

Hi TW,

Fold this directly on the flop imo. Your read is: and play aggressive if the board hits him. He takes an aggressive action of donking into you, and then you reason: I thought he could be on a flush draw...He could have anything. Those don't really mesh.

Maybe he's got a flush draw, maybe he's got a made hand, either way your equity is not great and you can't really expect him to slow down on later streets since he's hyper aggro post flop.

For a guy that's hyper-aggro, I wouldn't raise this turn because he'll simply fold worse and reraise with a range of hands that are beating us or drawing, we won't know which, and I don't think we can profitably get it in here with top pair. I think the better line is to call again for pot control, and to induce... hyper aggro players are good to induce against when we have decent 1 pair hands.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.