PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 NL 6 Max TPTK missing value?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 NL 6 Max TPTK missing value?

Villain was 48/33 after 110 hands. AF: 5.1 I had a tight image I decided to 3bet him since I had a premium hand against his loose PFR plus I was on the button. He could have a wide range of cards. Flop: TPTK for me. He donk bets into me, could be on flush draw semi-bluffing trying to take down pot. Or could have 2 pairs AT, didn't know what to put him on. Called him since I almost had the best hand. If he had AA, he would have 4 bet me, or c/r me on the flop. Turn: Not exactly a good card for me if he held ATo+. 2 pairs might have gotten there. Spades flush draw missed, he donk bets small this time. I just called River: 9s comes, would have completed spades flush draw or any straight draws possible. Villain checks surprisingly. I checked, thinking not overplaying TPTK So I was wondering if I had missed out value by checking on the river. I reflected, if he made his flush or 2 pairs, he would have most likely river bet. However, it was also possible that he was laying a trap to c/r me on the river. Thus, is this one of the situations I should have river bet, maximising value, despite the board texture having so many draws? And should I have reraised on the turn, giving worse odds for flush to complete? Thanks

Hi TW,

I like your flop and turn line just fine against a hyper-aggro villain like this one... he's probably leading with a weak ace or just air, when you have an opponent who spews chips by being over-aggro and probably bluffing too much, taking lines to encourage him to do more of the same with this type of hand strength is good imo.

I would value bet the river for sure when he checks, I feel like this guy is almost always betting better hands himself, and we will get paid by A-x for sure so a value bet is in order imo.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.