PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quads v/s full house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quads v/s full house

I didn't have any stats on any player.Here's how i played the hand. on the river i did doubt that he had quads but decided to go all-in anyway. how would you play this hand?
    Last edited by 30_NITISH_03; Fri Jun 15, 2012, 11:14 AM. Reason: adding more details

Hi Nitish,

Welcome to the forums!

What I would do differently is try to build the pot. Slow playing usually just costs you money which it certainly did here (I think it cost you money vs. the opponents ranges, obviously if you get coolered monster vs. monster all the money tends to go in on the river despite slow playing). Actions that build the pot are betting and raising... actions that control it and keep it small are checking and calling. In this case when we get donked into for a small bet amount, I would raise immediately generally, since the small bet often gets raised light anyway, we'll tend to not get a lot of credit for this raise.

As for getting all in, it's perfect. Not getting all in simply leaves way too much value on the table. There's only 1 hand that beats us (1 combo), and his range to play for stacks here includes 88 (3 combos), 44 (3 combos), and a whole host of 3's, some full and some not. We are an overwhelming favorite to still have the best hand when the money goes in.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.